Cornell University

Frequently Asked Questions

What guidance does Cornell give health career-oriented undergraduates?

Cornell has a structured Health Careers Program. The Career Library and the health careers advisor in Barnes Hall provide information, orientation sessions, and advising for students in all colleges. The advisor has walk-in advising hours and scheduled appointments, and can also be reached by e-mail and telephone. Advising information is also available on the Health Careers webpage accessed through Cornell Career Services:

Most of the questions freshman, sophomores, and junior transfer students pose relate to academic requirements. It is best to address these questions to an advisor in your college or major.

  • College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, CALS Career Services, Roberts Hall
  • College of Arts and Sciences, Ana Adinolfi, 172 Goldwin Smith Hall
  • College of Engineering, Liane Fitzgerald, 167 Olin Hall
  • College of Human Ecology, Verdene Lee, 172 Martha Van Rensselaer Hall
  • Office of Undergraduate Biology, 216 Stimson Hall
  • Several advisors are available depending on your question: Beth Howland, Megan Gallagher, Jeff McCaffrey, Colleen Kearns and student peer advisors.

This Cornell Health Careers Guide for First and Second Year Pre-Medical Students is given out at Freshmen/Transfer Student Orientation and is available in various office on campus and on the Career Services website. The Cornell Health Careers Guide for Advanced Pre-Medical Students is also available from the Career Services website.

Back to list