In This Section:
blumenthal internship program
Blumenthal Internship summer opportunities are available with nonprofit agencies, with many of these organizations working on social justice issues. Agencies are primarily located in New York's Westchester County with a few in New York City. The Blumenthal Family works to ensure that each opportunity is paid. Cornell students may only participate in this program for one summer.
- Be a current sophomore or junior at time of application
- Be graduating in January 2020 or later
- Be registered as a full-time student in Fall 2019
- Have housing arrangements in the greater NYC-area or in Westchester County during the summer
- Have an interest in social justice and/or human service issues
- Be able to work for nine or ten weeks (depending on the agency) and meet the expectation to work 315 hours per summer
Students do not need to be Federal Work Study eligible to apply for these internships.
There is summer funding for fourteen students to intern with one of the following organizations:
- Child Care Council of Westchester (Scarsdale, NY)
- Children's Village (Dobbs Ferry, NY)
- Family Services of Westchester (White Plains, NY, and other nearby locations)
- Lawyers for Children (NYC)
- Let's Get Ready (NYC)
- Lower Hudson Valley Perinatal Network (Valhalla, NY)
- Mental Health Association of Westchester County (Tarrytown, NY, and White Plains, NY)
- Pace Women's Justice Center (White Plains, NY)
- Student Advocacy (Elmsford, NY)
- Student Assistance Services (Tarrytown, NY)
- Westchester Children's Association (White Plains, NY)
- Westchester Institute for Human Development (Valhalla, NY)
- Westchester Jewish Community Services (White Plains, NY)
How to Apply
Internship descriptions are listed on Cornell Handshake (enter Blumenthal in the key-word search). Application instructions and deadlines vary by employer and are included in the internship descriptions.
Note: Once you have been hired by one of the agencies above, view the Funding Process and Forms to complete an application for funding.